Friday, July 8, 2016

Improv t-shirt quilt

I've been swamped with custom t-shirt quilts after posting the "Tyler" quilt and having local customers see it in person as well. I've not been able to keep up with blog posts, IG, FB or Pinterest. Hopefully I can catch up........soon.  

Here is the latest quilt I was able to squeeze in between orders. It is made primarily with t-shirt scraps from all those custom quilts. I still have a growing pile of t-shirt sleeves, if anyone would like them please contact me. I am giving the bottom half of the shirts to my sister who has taken up crocheting and I've shown her how to make her own t-shirt yarn.  I currently have a large box full for her to make yarn.
I like how this turned out.  

Linked to:






4 comments:

Heather J said...

I am curios about making yarn from shirts. I have just recently learned to crochet. For a long time I have wanted to make floor rugs out of old shirts. Can you tell me how to prepare the shirts and what size needless to use? Or perhaps direct me to a tutorial that is aimed to an absolute beginner? The patterns seem to be written in a secret code that I can not yet decifer.

simple :: dream :: quilts said...

Hi Heather,
So sorry for the LONG delay in replying. I've been w/o REAL Internet for several months and have not been updating my blog.

I found that Pinterest has lots of information on how to make t-shirt yarn. My sister has found several and made her yarn from cut of t-shirting I give her. She has had success just searching several different ways of cutting either with scissors or rotary cutter/mat/ruler.

Sorry this probably wasn't much help.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.