Saturday, April 30, 2011

I've been published...............

Some time ago I was contacted by Lark Publishing to be part of their "Craft Challenge - Dozens of ways to repurpose Scarves".


The quilt I made was included in their current book.
The first thing I noticed was....they spelled my name right :).
That also was the first thing my sister noticed.





These are pics of my personal copy.
You can get one of your own.....soon.



These are some of the scarves I started with.

Above are the scarves ready to cut into squares for the back
and borders for the front.


I really like how the front turned out.
I didn't want to cut up one of my favorite bordered scarves so
I worked out a way to use it as the center focus piece.

I used an 80/20 cotton/poly batting and free motion quilting.
This quilt I am keeping for myself.
It currently is draped over the back of my chair at work
You can see other quilts and project at my shop
simpledream2.etsy.com

No comments: